Thursday, September 12, 2013

FLOUR TORTILLA



In the supermarket ,tuck in a corner there is a bakery shop, I use to buy bread from there,I saw packet
of tortilla sold quite expensive.I never bought any. I surf the internet looking for this recipes.I found a few recipes.Never thought it was so easy and cheap to make our own

FLOUR TORTILLAS
source; my mexicanrecipes.com

Ingredients;
3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
4 tbsp shortening/lard/or olive oil
1 cup hot water

Method:
1.Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients, then cut in the shortening with you finger or with a fork.
2.Add enough water to make a stiff dough,then turn out onto floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 min or until smooth and elastic.
3.Divide into balls.Dust your surface with a bit of flour and use a rolling pin,roll into circles,making them as big as possible.
4.In a heavy wok over medium high heat,cook the first side about 15 second,then flip and cook for another 10 more second then turn one more time and check that the bubbles have coloured.
5.Dish onto a muslin cloth and cover to keep warm.makes about 1 dozen depend how big you want.

1 comment: