Thursday, June 25, 2015

TOMATO RICE

My sister in law bought this basmati rice 2 kg for me. Now is the time I can use to cook  the india rice
I found an easy tomato rice that I have the ingredients  ,I left out the two dal,which i don't have. Is was a nice tasty tomato rice,Recipe from internet,Forgot to jot down the blog,I really can't really remember from which blog.

TOMATO RICE

Ingredients;
1 cup basmati rice
1 big onin sliced
8-10 garlic flakes (slice thinly)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
4 slit green chilli
1/8 turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp coriander leaves
some water to cook the rice.

To temper
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp fennel seed
1 sprig curry leaf
urad dal 1 tsp ( Idid not add)
chana dal 2 tsp ( I did not add)

Method;
1.wash,soak bamati rice for 10 min
2.heat wok with oil,chop  garlic,green chillis,stir fry for one minutes. Then add in the sliced onion and fry till transparent.
3.add chop tomatoes,add salt and fry until it turn mushy and add the powder,red chilli,garam masala,turmeric powder,coriander leaves.
4.fry till tomatoes is mushy gravy for 4-5 minutes until oil separate,but still remain moist and semi gravy. Mix the gravy with the rice add enough water to cover the rice and cook in a electric rice cooker till the rice is cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment