Thursday, June 5, 2014

SPICY RED FISH CURRY


I bought some sardines fishes in the market,it was quite fresh ,but I never cook sardine before.I search this sardines recipes from googles.The sardines have lot of bones,my children was complaining,well next time I will use other fish to cook.the curry is very nice.Is a india blog recipe.

SPICY RED FISH CURRY
source:I cook I post blog.

Ingredients;
fish sardines 8 nos
shallot 6
ginger 1 small pieces
green chillies 2 (cut lengthwise)
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder 1 1/2 tbsp
coriander powder  1 tbsp
fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp
tamarind size of smallmarble
cooking oil 3 tbsp
salt totaste
curry leaves 2 sprigs

Preparation;
1.soak tamarind in 1/4 cup of warm water,squeeze out the juices and strain,put aside.
2.heat oil in a pan,saute chop ginger,garlic,shallot,green chilli and curry leaves.
3.once the shallot are golden brown,mix turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,fenugreekpowder with a little water and makeinto a paste and add in to fry using medium heat.
4.add in tamarind water,stir well .once it sart to boil,add in the sardines fishes,add salt to taste.
 5.don't stir it with ladles as the fish pieces tend to break,just swirl the pan to get the fish pieces
mix well with spices.covered cook on medium flames for 10 min.Add more water if the gravy is thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment