Friday, October 25, 2013

BIKA AMBON

             




Last year I make this cake followed the indonesia cookbook was a failed,it do not show the correct way of doing this cake.finally I managed to found on a indonesia blog ,I wish to thank her.I was so happy.In her recipe,certain word I don't understand,I show the recipes notes to my mum indonesia maid,she explain to me and she told me,if  I success in making this bika ambon,she wants the recipes.she told me it was her father favourite kuih. I gave some bika ambon for to try,I asks her how the taste like.She told me is the same taste in sumatra where she lives.

BIKA AMBON

Ingredients; A
50g plain flour
20g instant yeast
25g sugar
3g salt
100ml coconut water

Ingredients; B
250g tapioca flour
12 egg yolk
4 egg white
275 g sugar

Ingredients; C
500ml thick santan from 2 coconut
2g salt
3 stalk serai ( I ommited)
a few pandan leaves

method;
1.Combine all ingredients A using hand to mix evenly and cover with the plastic wrap and le it stand for 30 to 45 mint.let the batter to rise.
2.while waiting,in a smallpot,put in ingredients C to warm up,using low heat,do not let it boil,of the heat,let it cool first.Whisk egg yolk,egg white and sugar until soft peaks.in another big bowl,add in ingredients A and add in tapioca flour using hand to beat and add in the egg batter bit by bit until finished using hand to beat well combine and the batter very finely it takes about 20 min.Cover the batter and let it stand for 3 hours.
3.After 3 hours,grease a baking pan 20x20x7cm with cooking oil,line a pacrhment paper  and again greased with some cooking oil.
4.preheat oven  at 160c using bottom heat only.put the baking pan at the last bottom rack to bake and leave the oven door slightly open during baking time.( when you seen in the oven the top of the cake appears lot of holes poking up,it mean it taking form so close the oven door and let it bakes for another 40 to 45 minutes .
5. insert a skewer,if comes clean of the bottom heat.
6.using upper heat to bake till the top of the cake is golden brown.
8.off the heat,take the bika ambon out,when cool,use a sharp knife to help to take the cake out.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment