Thursday, October 3, 2013

BRAISED DUCK



Braised duck ,all the children and grandchildren love to eat this dishes cooked by my mum.A few years
back ,I did asks my mum to taught me to cook ,so I bought a duck back home,she shows me how much ingredients to put in and the method.My mum was bedridden for 2 month and on 13 sept after feeding her put her to bed,shortwhile my younger sister went in to have a look,she was in shaking and trembling her feet,quickly she and my sister in law send her to hospital.she was hospitalized and at the same time she was unconscious.after a week in hospital,the doctor  told she was in coma and will not wake up again.she was put on tube feeding and oxygen.on 30 sept 2013 we are allowed by the docter to discharge her.While doing the paper procedure in the hospital,at home we prepared the oxygen tank
prepared the bed waiting for the ambulance to send her home.at last she was home,we have a maid and my younger sister to look after her.in the afternoon my eldest sister with the maid help to clean her.Before she was admiitted to the hospital ,my dad was in hospital for 1 an half day,he was pushed to the icu ward in critical condition.My dad passed away on the17 sept ,while my mum was in coma till today.

BRAISED DUCK

Ingredients;
2 kg duck
a big pcs of lengkuas
2 whole peeled garlic
2 pcs 4 in cinnamon
5 star anise
a cup of sugar
1 rice bowl of coarse salt
some good dark soy sauce.

method :
1.wash and clean the duck.Rub the salt all over the duck including inside the cavities
2.Use a string to tied to the both sides of the duck wing and hang to dry,put a plate for the dripping.
3.In a large wok,add in sugar for it to melt and seen a lot of bubble,add in a small cup of water,some dark soy sauce.,add in the garlic,cinnamon ,star anise, chopped lengkuas and stir fry for a few mins.
lower the duck,slowly turn in to cover the duck with the caramelize sauce and spoon the sauce all over the duck till the duck is in brown colour.Add enough water to cover the whole duck and add some more dark soy sauce turn big heat to boil .then reduce to slow heat,  turn the duck  a few time .and simmer till the gravy is thicken about an hour or till the meat is cooked.Don't worry ,the meat  won't turn too salty,just nice. As the gravy is salty add more water and put some taukwa to cook.

Note; Use low heat to cook the sugar to caramelize.

To make the dipping sauce;
Coarse chop garlic,some chop fresh red chilli ,some sugar and vinegar and mix well

No comments:

Post a Comment