Saturday, November 15, 2014

ALKALINE KUIH


I learned this alkaline kuih from my husband bioliogical mom,she do not have the  recipes note,just approximately,most of the time i make it was not a success.My youngest sister show me a new cook book ,she just bought  ,when i visited her..I was flipping through the cook book until I saw this recipes.I was delighted ,the book show some picture the mixing method and how to cook.It gives a accurate recipes.This alkaline kuih best to use boric acid it gives a springly crunch.we are using sparingly so it cannot pose a problem,hokkien have been eating this kuih for centuries.Thanks to
boon 's secret recipes cookbook.

ALKALINE KUIH

Ingredients;A
500g rice flour (3 elephant brand)
900ml water
3/4 tsp pengsa or boric acid (optional choice)
1 tsp alakline water or jian shui (I added 1 tbsp)
1 1/2 tsp fine salt
1 tbsp tapioca flour

Ingrediens; B
900 ml

Utensil needed
11'round tray (cake tin)

Method;
1.combine ingredients A,mix well,strain,set aside.
2.bring water of ingredients B to a boil.now,ladle in a portion of no.1 into the hot water,stirring it at all time.Repeat process till no1.has been used up (when adding in the liquid batter,lower the heat to low ,keep stirring)
3.when no2 starts to thicken in consistency,remove from heat.( thicker than condensed milk)
4.pour no. 3 into a tray.steam over rapidly boiling water for 60 minutes.remove,cool for a couple hours or overnight.cut into pieces.serve with braised soy sauce pork or sliced into pcs and stir  fry wtih mushroom,dried shrimp,spring onion,diced chilli.

1 comment: