Friday, April 25, 2014

BUBUR LAMBUK


The first time I try the malay porridge when  I married my hubby,he stayed in a malay kampung.
The opposite neighbour having a kenduri,in the evening they gave a bowl of porridge and some kuih.
I try the porrige and I love.Every malay fasting month,lot of stall selling this porridge,I am sure to buy from every different stall each day.some taste not nice,some considering o.k. After a few year I phone my malay neighbour asking for this bubur lambuk .recipe.

BUBUR LAMBUK
2 cup rice
some water

1 grated coconut  (1 cup thick santan and 2 cup thin santan)
1/2 chicken
1 stick cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 stalk lemongrass,bashed
3 cm slices inger

Ingredients to blend;
1 shallot
8 clove garlic
25g udang kering

1.wash the rice ,add enough water  and 2 cup thin santan to boil,add in the packet of sup tulang ,ginger,lemongrass,cinnamon stick,star anise and the blended ingredients to boil.
2.marinate the chicken withsome salt.Deep fry till cooked.dish out.when cool shredded the chicken
3.add the shredded chicken into the boiled rice and cook till the rice is cook and thicken,add salt to taste and a cup of thick santan  to mix well and boil for a min or two.off  heat.
4.add in some cooked prawn,cut into two,some chop celery and green onion,some fry shallot on top of the porridge.serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment