Thursday, August 7, 2014

LEPAT PISANG


This is a malay kuih  that  I used to make for my children breakfast when they are in primary school.
And i will make more for them to bring lunchbox to school. I have some bananas left,quite a long time I do not cook this.I make a small portion for this lepat pisang.

LEPAT PISANG

Ingredients;
8 ripe bananas (pisang raja),peel,mashed coarsely
4 tbsp sugar to taste
5 tbsp flour
4 tbsp fresh grated coconut (white part only)
1/4 tsp salt
16 banana leaves (15cm x 20cm)

Method;
1.mix bananas,sugar,coconut,flour and salt in a mixing bowl.Divide into 16 portion.
2.blanch banana leaves in hot water to soften them,wipe dry.
3.Put 1 portion of mixture onto a banana leaf and shape into 3 cm x 9cm.Wrap neatly and tuck the two ends underneath.
4.steam over hidh heat for 15 minutes.serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment