Saturday, May 24, 2014

BANANA CAKE



 Is a soft and moist banana cake.I double the recipes and is my first time using this recipes.
I make a square cake pan and another 6 muffin cup.That evening I gave two to my friend to taste.
The next day,she phone to ask me over to her house to teach her.She bought all the ingredients,
I gave her some muffin cup,when the banana cake came out from the oven,she was so happy .
And the cake pan banana cake ,I gave to my sister in law for offering to the ancestor.

BANANA CAKE
source;agnes chang cook book

Ingredients;
180g butter /margarine
180g castor sugar
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas,coarsely mashed to get 1 cup
1/8 banana essence,Optional
2 tbsp fresh milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice

Ingredients;A
240g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Decoration; 2 ripe bananas sliced,1/2 lime juice /lemon juice

Method;
1.cream butter and castor sugar till light,add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
2.mix in mashed bananas,bananas essence,sour milk and ingredients A till well combined.
3.pour into a greased and line 25cm x 15 cm /10" x 6" loaf tin or paper cups.
4.squeeze lime juice over bananas slice,arrange bananas slices on top of the cake decoration.
5.Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20-25 min till cooked and golden brown.
6.remove cake from the oven and leave to cool before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment